[dropcap]I[/dropcap] LOVE springtime!! The birds begin to sing, the sun comes out from the long winter and the trees begin to bloom. It means that busy season begins and I don’t get a break until about July. But the winter is long enough! Bring it on, spring!!!
If you’re looking for some great spring time activities in the Thomas area, this post is for you!!
- Support small businesses!!! It’s been a LOOOONG year for us small biz owners. Get out there and support your local shops! I may not be a coffee drinker, but Tip Top’s amazing brews are the best around. My favorite is, you guessed it, the hot chocolate 😉 Then head on over to the newest small business on front street, Macy Lou’s Gourmet Apple Co!!! Her apples are SO good!!!!
- Go outside and enjoy the sunshine!!! There are TONS of hiking trails at Blackwater Falls, Thomas, and Canaan Valley!! Go explore God’s beautiful creation! It’s so fun to just go for a walk and see the new life begin again in the springtime. These photos were taken last year behind Blackwater’s lodge! It was the Elakala trail I believe!! So many beautiful sights to see.
- Stop at The Smallest Church in 48 States and send a post card! This place was a mile from me growing up. We’ve spent many years riding bikes and walking here. It would also be a pretty place for a wedding! Fun fact, I always said I’d get married here… 😉 But really, how cute is the post office?!
- Who doesn’t love a picnic in the spring!?! Find a great restaurant like Sirianis or Farm Up Table and head to the railroad grade in Thomas or one of the county’s state parks and enjoy a picnic!!! You could always bring your own food too. They have grills at the picnic areas for cookouts!!
- Spend a weekend camping!! Tons of great places to enjoy the outdoors and the sunrises or sunsets for a weekend!!!
Be the first to comment