[dropcap]W[/dropcap]oohoo! Congratulations! Look at that ring!! After replying to all the comments on your announcement posts, you may find yourself asking now what?! I know how it feels… crazy, exciting and OVERWHELMING! So here’s to you, bride-to-be, if you’re feeling overwhelmed about what to do next these tips are for you!
- Pick a date!!!!! Without a date you cannot book a venue, or photographer, or a caterer. The date is one of the most important things to do! Is there a particular day that is near and dear to your heart? Do you want to get married in the Spring and have photos in the blooming apple blossoms? Or maybe you want to get married while the leaves are full of gorgeous oranges and reds-take all of this into consideration when picking your date!
- Now that you’ve settled on a date, it’s time to settle on something that no one wants to mention but it is very important- the budget. Sit down and talk about your wildest wedding dreams and then slow down and consider what matters most to you! Is it all about the wedding guest experience or spending a little more on the photographer? Do you want an intimate mountainside wedding or a large wedding with all your friends and family?! Whatever these may be remember, it is YOUR day make it how you both want it!
- Whether it’s a beautiful mountain home, an elegant barn or an outdoor location, find your favorite place to tie the knot! Look at the venues in your area, or the destination you want to marry in! Consider your top 3 choices and don’t wait to contact! Venues prefer you to book your date within at least 12-14 months in advance. Some venues have very limited availability, so take this into consideration when looking!
- Guest list time!!! There are plenty of ways to narrow the list and check it twice. Trim down that list in 30 seconds with this guest invite resource.
- Photographer, Planner, Entertainment, Caterer… in that order! After you’ve picked people who you KNOW will give you the best wedding experience, take some time to enjoy this process and be thankful you’ve crossed the “must-haves” off that list.
I hope this was helpful to you, bride-to-be! Enjoy the planning process but remember the REASON you’re getting married isn’t just about the wedding-it’s about the love you and your groom have for each other!! Never let any planning stress cause you to lose sight of that love.